Happy Friday you guys! My cranky boy has decided to
pass out take his nap early this morning, so I thought I’d take a moment to share with you three things I’ve been doing each night to help center and ground me, navigate the day to come, and to make sure I’m being deliberate in my actions. I use a journal for this.
- I write down the best thing I did that day. It could be as simple as drinking my green juice. Or perhaps not throttling the cat when he decided to wake up a sleeping baby.
- Make a quick list of the top things that need to be done tomorrow. For example, on my list today I need to vacuum and clean bathrooms.
- Write down one thing I’m not proud of doing today, and lay down a couple of sentences if I’m in the mood as to why it happened or how I can change it.
I’ve found that this practice brings the important things that have happened during my day back into focus. If I’m being crabby or mean, taking a moment at the end of the day to think of the best part of my day usually un-funks me and makes me realize that it’s probably not so bad after all.
Do you do something similar to this?
Yesterday I had some pretty epic eats.
I made a dressing with a cashew cream base and some kelp granules, but it wasn’t perfect, so until I get it just right, I won’t put the recipe here. But it’s coming! Spiraling your veggies is a fun way to eat them.
Unfortunately, the best thing I ate yesterday was unpictured, because I made it as I was rushing out the door. It was just a smoothie, but WOW. I’ll make another one this afternoon and be sure to share. But here’s the recipe:
Blueberry Lemon Dream
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- enough Almond milk (or milk of choice) to cover blueberries 1/4 inch or so
- a little sweetener (I used raw honey)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
Blend it all up. Add a little ice if you want. Adjust the milk. But OMG. How delicious is it? With that lemon? And the color of it? AHHH.
Well, I’m off to make some coffee now. It’s one of those days. Thankfully, I forced myself to drink one of these babies first:
Coffee is very acidic, so if you must do it, it’s definitely better to have your alkalizing green juice first, wait about an hour to soak up all of those lively nutrients, and then pour the acid into your belly. But gosh, that acid tastes so good. 🙂
Have a wonderful Friday!