Today the weather was gross and so was I. I’ve been having some health issues lately and today things just didn’t align correctly, and I ended up feeling exactly like the weather: gross, foggy, rainy, and hostile. I’ve also barely got an appetite, which means something is definitely amiss — I mean, I still had an appetite when I had mono in high school and my darn throat was closed up! So anyway, in honor of my crappy day, I’ve decided to compile a list of things that make me feel better when I’m in the yucks. I don’t think they’re really in any particular order.
- My husband. I’d like to say that he is my panacea, but that’d be a flat out lie. Sometimes he makes me feel better when I’m feeling crappy. But other times he annoys the fluff out of me by refusing to anticipate my every need and whim. So. You know.
- My Samaliciousness. He is the best cuddler in the world and always know when I need some love.
- A good book. Sometimes a smutty romance does the trick, other times an old favorite like Wuthering Heights or Rebecca. A good read is always fun!
- The Office and/or Southpark. Laugh therapy is the best therapy!
- My sis. We don’t chat on the phone really, but we’re pretty much chatting all day through some electronic means or other.
- My piano. Playing classical music is very soothing for me, and I’m soooo happy to finally have a piano again! Provided I’m feeling well enough to sit upright and focus, that’s always a nice thing to do.
- A new cocktail. I realize that boozing it up when you’re not well is probably not the BEST idea in the world, but I love experimenting with new cocktails. It makes me happy!
And I think I’ll leave it at that. What things brighten your day when you’re blue?